Welcome...

Welcome to the Secret Diary of a Wedding Planner!

Within these pages you shall find...clever wedding tips from industry insiders, simply delightful photographs and oodles of inspiration.

Enjoy...

Victoria x

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Bride's Diary

Hi there

You might not know me because I'm not usually from around here. In fact, while I've been an avid reader of this blog for some time, I am a newcomer (and a tentative one at that) to the blog-writing game. But when a sister asks a favour like this, it's hard to refuse - particularly when she's planning your wedding.

So in case you haven't worked it out already, I am Katie, older sister of Victoria (The Little White Wedding Company's planner extraordinaire), and recent engagee.

So what's the goss...
To bring you up to speed, about six months ago, I was delightfully surprised by a proposal from my then boyfriend Mark. See...here we are celebrating, or at least conducting a brief re-enactment of our excitement for your benefit.

Of course, the engagement was quickly followed by the standard series of questions from friends and family: Have you set a date? Have you set a date? And, not unexpectedly, have you set a date? Of course, the rest of the who, what, when and why (actually most people had figured that out already) also flooded forth.

Luckily for us, previously-discussed wedding-planner-extraordinaire/sister Victoria leaped effortlessly to the rescue, starting first with a lovely intimate family dinner that she had beautifully planned and styled by the time we got home to Brisbane that evening. She also asked a small favour - that I write a monthly blog about my experience of the wedding planning process for her to publish on The Secret Diary of a Wedding Planner.

The promise...
So for the next 10 months or so I will be fulfilling that promise, starting next week with the first installment and sharing my experiences as a bride-to-be for your information and/or amusement. I look forward to sharing my insights with you.

Until next time...

Katie

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The picture is very cute ;) I couldn't convince my fiance to reenact anything!
    I'm really looking forward to hearing your story :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding Favors Personalized Ribbon Great Tip - make sure when you order personalized ribbons, that it is double faced beaded edge ribbon 3/8th inch or 5/8 inch. That means the
    ribbon is shiny on both sides of the ribbon and won't fray at the edges when
    cut. It can be cost effective to use by the roll uncut also. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete