Within these pages you shall find...clever wedding tips from industry insiders, simply delightful photographs and oodles of inspiration.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Well the Christmas and New Year festive season is upon us yet again! And just because your big day falls in these festive months doesn’t mean you have to cover everything in fake snow or make your guests wear party hats and blow on party whistles. The Little White Wedding Company has some great little tricks to celebrate your festive nuptials.
For weddings in December or around Christmas time consider some of the following…
1. Mini Christmas puddings make great bonbons as well as elegantly decorated baubles
2. Why not add small; sprigs of mistle toe or dusty miller to your floral arrangements?
3. Try introducing small hints of either silver, red, green or gold to your colour theme and styling items
4. For a Christmas twist on the standard guest book, use a small white Christmas tree for guests to attach their best wishes to.
For weddings that fall between Christmas & New Year consider some of the below ideas…
1. New Year’s Eve is the perfect time for parties and what rings in the New Year better than a fireworks display? Alternatively, you could provide each guest with individual sparklers or if your reception is situated near a river gather the guests to view the public fireworks display
2. In the order of the day try including some time for you and your guests to bring in the New Year with a count down that’s capped off with a great performance by your band!
3. Provide some cards for your guest’s to write down their new year’s resolutions and have them placed in either an antique birdcage or a white hatbox, whichever suits your theme best
4. Champagne is for celebrating and you’ll already have some on hand so why not create some personalised labels made to stick on the bottles. These can include a photo of the happy couple, a small message, and of course the date!
As this the last blog for 2009 I would like to take the time to thank you all for your support & wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!
Victoria & Gemma x
Saturday, December 05, 2009
This week I come to you with the assistance of my “editor” sister, Katie who enjoys this time of year almost as much as I do!
For this blog we’re sharing some ideas to help you bring some festive cheer to the table. My personal favourite is a White Christmas theme…a novelty for those of us in Australia who do not receive snow over the festive season.
This is how we have envisioned our family’s table this Christmas:
A clean, white table cloth plays host to this predominantly white theme. Hints of silver are introduced by silver charger plates which hold neatly folded white napkins bound with beautiful silver napkin rings.
In the centre of the table a white ceramic dish holds an assortment of white flowers including gardenias, carnations, chrysanthemums & white camellias. The rest of the table is scattered with tea light candles in clear glass votive holders.
To add a little extra, unexpected touch, the champagne glasses used have a little frosting around the rim…perfect for toasting!
Also, keep an eye out for the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Parade. It has already screened in America but for those of us in Australia the wait is not yet over. I love the decadence of this show and each year the lingerie gets more beautiful & of course more revealing. If your wedding is approaching keep an eye out for something you may like to wear on your honeymoon!
Keep an eye out for next week’s blog as I’ll be sharing some tips on how to bring some of the holiday season to your wedding…in a tasteful way of course.
Victoria & Katie x