Welcome...

Welcome to the Secret Diary of a Wedding Planner!

Within these pages you shall find...clever wedding tips from industry insiders, simply delightful photographs and oodles of inspiration.

Enjoy...

Victoria x

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Put Your Best Foot Forward

Bonjour mes amis,

Who at one point or another hasn’t thought to herself (while at a stylish event of course!) “I wish I’d worn more comfortable shoes” or “My feet are killing me!” Weddings are no exception and being a day long occasion these cries can be heard by the bridal party and guests alike.

Colin Cowie’s recent Wedding Note “Novocaine For My Feet” summed it up perfectly and provided some great advice that I couldn’t have said better myself. So to ensure your feet are looked after and you can dance the night away put these tips into practice:

1. Have a backup plan. Buy two pairs of shoes for your wedding. One in your usual size and one a half-size larger. This will provide you with a comfortable alternative if your feet swell from standing for long periods of time.

2. Get to know your shoes. In the lead up to your wedding wear them around the house for 15-20 minutes every day. This will help break them in and prevent you from suffering those dreaded new shoe blisters.
Victoria x

Photographs courtesy of:
Feather + Stone – http://www.featherandstone.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment